Evaluation for B-Family & Sensors
A test and development package (SDK) is delivered for prospective integrators wishing to test the TopSec´s
core functionality and technology. This SDK for the TopSec ID module allows the user to evaluate the TopSec
ID module functions easily and supports a quick design in for all custom applications with full biometric
authentication – it is essential for new firmware downloads and quick failure analysis for the module itself
and for the connected fingerprint sensors.
- TopSec ID Module B.x with chosen sensor
- Interface board for TopSec connection to PC
- PC cable and power supply
- PC demo tool and service tool with sample sources
- Programmers guide, user guide and SW descrip-
tions for PC tools
- PC DLL for easy SW integrations and sample code
- Sample code for embedded microcontroller protocol support
- HW datasheet and protocol specification for TopSec B.x
- Sample schematic to connect to TopSec B.x family
Functions of the SDK
No deep understanding of the embedded biometric algo-
rithms is necessary - this allows the developers to focus on their application requirements and mechanical design in of module and especially the fingerprint sensors.
The kit comprises one module and appropriate sensors together with one development board, which is connected up to a PC via a serial cable. The SDK also includes 2 windows programs (demotool and servicetool) helping the integrators to examine the possible commands available for the module.
Due to fact that TopSec will be connected to microcontrollers in approximately 80-90 percent of those custom integrations the TopSec ID module itself only provides TTL-level at their communication UART-interfaces – the adaption board carries the RS232 level adjustment which is required to connect the TopSec ID module to PC applications over their existing COM-interfaces. (refer to embedded applications also)